A handful of little facts about Thursday, October 8th 2020 :
- It’s Thursday morning when I’m writing this.
- I’ve reheated my hot tea three times now. It’s almost finished.
- I actually got a shower before the babies woke up.
- I read my Bible this morning, prayed, and filmed a little clip for the currently non-existent YouTube channel.
- Girl has spit up all over everything about 3 good times and drools spit up every now and again.
- Boy has grabbed the burp cloth and gently cleaned off Girl’s face 3 times without me asking or saying anything.
- I’ve had to raise my voice twice.
- Boy has not wanted to share his books with Girl.
- I got around to eating breakfast before 10am today.
- I’ve had to say Boy, “please walk, we don’t run in the house. You could fall and hurt yourself or hurt Sissy.” and “Please don’t hit Sissy because it hurts her” at least 20 times this morning.
- Boy has given me and Sissy countless kisses and has come over to me saying “Mama, hug?” at least twice this morning.
- I have beautiful Autumn flowers on my dining table that my husband brought home for me one day last week and I’ve got one of my favorite candles burning.
- The sun just came out. 10:46am (Then proceeded to rain from 11-11:40)
- The babies have been downstairs since 8:30 and I’ve changed about 6 diapers between the two.
- Boy will be two years old this month.
Now, maybe you didn’t need to know all that, or maybe I could fill up the next two paragraphs with more little tid bits just like that. But either way, that last one, that one gets me more than anything. Boy is about to be two years old. I’ve been a Mama for almost two full years. I’ve kept him alive for TWO years! To me, in this stage of life, that is HUGE. It blows my mind. I am so grateful and in awe of my son probably 90% of the day. He is so smart and unbelieveably kind hearted. I pray he keeps those qualites as he gets older and wiser.
Today is just a run of the mill day for us. Nothing extremely unmanageable, just the everyday chaos. Some days I love it, some days I have a migraine before 10am. While I was scanning my books this morning, as I often do because well… because I love my books lol, my eyes stopped at one book that I honestly haven’t looked at much since I was pregnant with Girl. It’s a book called Miracles Of Motherhood, it’s a book of prayers and poems for a new mother. I felt like this was a little nudge from God because when I picked it up and opened it, no joke at all, the page that it opened to randomly was page 90. This hit me so hard, I just really wanted to share it with you.
Today He Is A Toddler
I had to take a break for a bit. Working for a bit while two babies are running and crawling around isn’t always easy! It is now 11:38am. Since I started my break, it has poured rain outside and now the sun is trying to shine again. Isn’t the weather kinda all over the place these days? Or is that just my neck of the woods?
So, my jaw pretty much hit the floor when I randomly opened up this book and saw this poem. As I said, I started reading this book back when I was pregnant with my daughter but I only made to page 7… that’s a long story. But reading this book while going through the kind of pregnancy that I had with all the unknowns… it was difficult. So difficult that I put the book down 7 pages into it. Now that all the scary unknowns, as far as baby girl’s heart is concerned, are behind us, maybe I will pick this book up again and continue reading it.
I’m not sure why I felt lead to share this little poem, but maybe someone out there is having a tough day with their toddler and just needed a little reminder to slow down, soak them in, and enjoy today because tomorrow and all the tomorrows after that bring change. Good or bad, every day that little soul that God blessed you with gets a little older and a little bigger. So go, play with your babies and soak them in. Every little bit.
Lots of Love,