Welcome To Blogtober!
Ahh! I can’t believe October is here. Blogtober is one of my favorite challenges to take part in and this year is no different. New blog, same me! Even with two babies under two years old… I. Am. Going. To. Do. This. Imagine a hand clap where every period is and you get the gist!
For my first post this year I want to give you the Top 5 Family Fun (halloween based) Movies that you’ve got to check out if you haven’t yet!
Halloween was a time of year that we always took very lightly in my family growing up. We would often go to a “trunk and treat” at my church where everyone would line their cars up around the huge circular drive and the children would walk around car to car collecting candy. There was always a big spooky spaghetti feast or “mummy” wrapped hot dogs for dinner afterwards as well. These events always included a cake walk, bobbing for apples, bible games, corn hole, and a costume “show” no judging. This kind of wholesome fun is what I hope my kids can have here in the UK. I’m not so sure though. I don’t really know what the traditions are here or if anything like that even exists here for kids. It’d be nice though.
Anyways, besides what we would do for halloween, during the whole month of October we would watch relatively PG type halloween movies as a family. We would usually all sit down with a bucket of popcorn or cup of hot chocolate and laugh together as someone is bound to get spooked and make for the funniest moment.
So, without further ado, here are the 5 top halloweeny movies that you and your kiddos have got to check out!
- Hocus Pocus – I mean, please tell me you’ve seen this!! I can’t count how many times I’ve watched it. Literally, can’t count.
- Halloween Town – All Of Them!
- The Haunted Mansion – Eddie Murphy! You are sure to laugh your butt off at some point during this one!
- Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas – It’s a pretty good one… my husband’s favorite!
- Twitches – 1 and 2. Especially if you have teen girls. I have loved these movies since they came out!
- The Dog Who Saved Halloween – For those who love dogs, or Joey Lawrence and Mayim Bialik.
- Casper – The friendliest ghost you’ll ever meet!
There you have it! Some of my favorite movies to watch this time of year. So grab your bucket of popcorn, a warm blanket, settle in and get cozy with one of these fun flicks!